TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    How far would you go to make a point?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How far would you go to make a point? Login/Join 
posted
Man videos the severing of his finger then mails the video and the finger to officials as a protest.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20416493/?GT1=10252

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously, cutting off your finger is a strong statement about how committed you are to your cause, but really, is there anyone who would be convinced to change a policy because the opponents of it are cutting off their limbs? Wouldn't that really just convince you that your opposition is full of nuts?

Of course, you have to consider that this took place in Japan. I don't consider myself an expert on Japanese culture, but my guess is that a Japanese person would probably view this act through a different lens.

[This message was edited by Wes on 08-28-07 at .]

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, he really gave them the finger. Perhaps he misunderstood the expression.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post