TDCAA Community
marihuana oil

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/8427035516

July 15, 2016, 16:40
Hubert
marihuana oil
Everyone, I we had a bust for "DPP" (?). The guy explained that it was THC in liquid form, that was placed on paper and then smoked from a pipe. Has anyone heard of this? I can't remember where to find this and I seem to remember something about oils and extracts....... but others have told me that a violation doesn't exist.....
July 18, 2016, 09:05
John Greenwood
Your lab results will likely come back as penalty group 2 - Tetrahydrocannabinol, other than marihuana. If you look at the definition of marihuana it does not include: resin extracted . . .
So the oil will be Tetrahydrocannabinol, other than marihuana.
July 18, 2016, 09:31
Robert S. DuBoise
Agreed. We've been seeing an uptick in these DAB cases.
July 18, 2016, 11:00
John Greenwood
During spring break, we got hammered with college kids coming back from Colorado. Usually with 4 or more grams.
July 18, 2016, 11:37
Jon English
quote:
Originally posted by John Greenwood:
During spring break, we got hammered with college kids coming back from Colorado. Usually with 4 or more grams.

I had to read this a second time before I understood it to mean "We also saw a significant increase in POM cases around spring break when college kids were coming back from Colorado in possession of more than 4 grams of marijuana."

At first I read it to mean "This year, I went to Colorado for spring break and as I was returning from Colorado, I got really high with many college kids, and we were getting high on more than 4 grams of marijuana at a time."
July 18, 2016, 16:45
John Greenwood
Wish I could claim the pun was intentional!
July 19, 2016, 11:39
Brody V. Burks
Yup- PG2. I've prosecuted a couple of these, and just got another one. Candy that still had the California medical marijuana information attached to it. There are probably a TON more cases of dab/shatter/wax/honey oil out there that police simply aren't finding due to novelty.

Every DA should watch this VICE episode:

http://www.vice.com/video/butane-hash-oil
July 20, 2016, 06:42
Hubert
All, THANKS! This is a constant education for me and I share this with our local law enforcement.
July 20, 2016, 14:29
Jason Bujnosek
Some more/new information: one of our lab reports recently came back as "cannabidiol", which I hadn't seen before. Cannabidiol, which appears to go by "CBD", seems to be a different substance from the traditional hash oil or wax; it sounds like it may not be as hallucinogenic as THC, and it may have different medical uses. Since it is a cannabis extract, as far as I can tell, we have it charged as a PG2 substance.

If anyone knows more about cannabidiol, fill us all in. Or, if we have it charged incorrectly, please let us know.
July 20, 2016, 14:58
mhartman
Ironically, I was reading an article on CBD this weekend, that is allegedly being produced from the Hemp plant....after a quick google search, I found it being sold on numerous websites and advertised as "legal" in all 50 states since it wasn't derived from the marihuana plant....

Is there a way to identify which plant produced this oil?

In my search there were numerous ways to ingest the oil from the hemp plant, including oral drops, vaping, etc.

I had not heard of any of this before.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mhartman,
July 20, 2016, 16:34
A. Diamond
DPS site on the compassionate use issue, with links to rules: https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/CUP/index.htm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: A. Diamond,
July 21, 2016, 15:09
Shannon Edmonds
Dang, y'all, it sounds like you didn't attend one of our legislative updates last summer where we talked at length about guns and ganja, including videos and funny slides about the new CBD law. Say it ain't so! Razz