TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DAs at the Supreme Court
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DAs at the Supreme Court Login/Join 
posted

Harris County ADA Alan Curry during arguments on Salinas v. Texas. Linked from Scotusblog.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Note that Kagan is trying to photobomb the argument.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think she just tried, I think she totally did photobomb the arguement.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I was trying not to be too definitive lest I end up on a watch list.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
opps.

I have no foresight.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, now I don't feel so bad posting that I really liked Justice Sotomayor's earrings.

Posts: 108 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are way prettier than the Kleenex she kept using to blow her nose. Artist was smart to leave that detail out.

posted Hide Post
Justice Ginsburg appears to be that one taciturn member of the "star chamber" committee in every movie about college that decides whether the protagonist gets expelled or gets to have their one shot at redemption.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would make Alan . . . Otter?

posted Hide Post
Or Van Wilder. But, between Scalia and Alito, you could persuasively gin up a Dean Wormer analog.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A win for the State! Way to go Alan and team!

Opinion Link

posted Hide Post
And the fractured, plurality decisions continue from this court...

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scalia and Thomas are consistent in their focus on original intent.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very proud of Alan Curry and the team who supported him in Harris County's appellate section! Way to go! You all did a tremendous job!

Posts: 72 | Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA | Registered: December 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post