TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Another Sign of the Apocolypse
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Sign of the Apocolypse Login/Join 
posted
`Hee Haw' reruns to air on RFD-TV
By JOE EDWARDS
Associated Press Writer

NASHVILLE, Tenn. � Reruns of the old cornpone comedy-variety show "Hee Haw" are coming back.

The one-hour programs will air at 8 p.m. Eastern time each Sunday beginning Sept. 7 on cable's RFD-TV, which bills itself as "rural America's most important network."

"`Hee Haw' and RFD-TV is a match made in heaven," Patrick Gottsch, the channel's founder and president, said Monday in announcing the deal.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SAAAA-LUTE!

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To that certain ADA in Gregg County, SAAAAA-LUTE!

OK Decision time. What would you rather watch? Or rather, what would you find more entertaining...Hee Haw reruns or Paris in The Simple Life?

An easy choice...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And who here (over the age of 30) doesn't know the words to "Where O' Where Are you Tonight", with the appropriate sound effect of course.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
"...Why did you leave me here all alone?
I searched the the world over and thought I'd found true love...."

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Hee Haw was a midwest thing. Growing up in Nebraska, there was nothing else on. We only had two or three channels. Way before cable.

Posts: 176 | Location: Hempstead, TX, USA | Registered: June 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by e hernandez:
I thought Hee Haw was a midwest thing. Growing up in Nebraska, there was nothing else on. We only had two or three channels. Way before cable.

It don't git no more southern or Texan than Hee Haw, gurl! And now, the Hager brothers...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am of that age where I am old enough to remember Hee Haw, but I was too young to appreciate it. I loved the song and made the "appropriate sound effect" when they sang it...but I did not remmeber any of the lyrics outside of the chorus. So I googled them. (Because I am of that age where I can't rememebr things, but I know how to google.) The lyrics are great:

PFFT You Were Gone
by Buck Owens

Down here on the farm the weather gets messy
Laying around with nothin' to do
When you went away, you took my cow Bessie
I miss her darling, more than I miss you

You took off your leg, your wig and your eye glass
And you shoud've seen the look on my face
I wanted to kiss, I wanted to hug you
But you were scattered all over the place

Chorus:
Where, where, are you tonight?
Why did you leave me here all alone?
I searched the world over,
And thought I found true love.
You met another and
Phht! you were gone.

I know that you loved me, here's my way of knowing
The proofs hanging out right there on the line
When I see the snow and feel the wind blowing
Your nighties hugging them long johns of mine

The noises you made at our supper table
Your habits, my dear, were surely absurd
But how many times do I have to tell you
Soup is a dish to be seen and not heard

Chorus:
Where, oh where, are you tonight?
You met another and
Phht! you were gone.

Remember you phoned me a-sobbin' and cryin'
The dog bit your maw, and drug her around
You said she looked pale and thought she was dying
I said "Don't worry, I'll buy a new hound."

I had six kids and you had eleven
And we had a boy, and they grew like flowers
I wish you'd come back, without you ain't heaven
'Cause your kids and my kids are beatin' up ours

Chorus:
Where, oh where, are you tonight?
You met another and
Phht! you were gone

You met another and
Phht! you were gone...

Posts: 188 | Location: Lubbock, Texas USA | Registered: October 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope the members of our little rockin' TDCAA house band now realize what they're expected to play at the annual!!! I know A.P. is going to work in a banjo angle on this thread any minute now. Just think, our very own version of Grandpa Jones!

Posts: 293 | Registered: April 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your father's teeth are a sight to behold...I think when I told him, his feelings were hurt.
But last night at supper, I heard him a-chompin';
it sounded to me like a piano concert....

(Everybody now...)
Where, oh where, are you tonight....

On a more serious note, maybe the band will let me sing "I've Been Everywhere" now (the Citgo commercial for you youngsters).

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can see it now, AP and Greg starring in the latest episode of...

"I'm a pickin' and I'm a grinnin'"

I'll have to find a way to get the annual with that on the playlist !

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To paraphrase noted prosecutor Alison Wetzel, "Trust me, it would not be a pretty sight" for AP and me to attempt to recreate Roy Clark and Buck Owens with "Pickin' and Stickin'". No one wants to see a drummer battle it out with a master banjoist. That would be a sure way to clear the venue in seconds flat.

I often liken Scott B and AP (see how that rhymes) with the two world class pickers on HeeHaw...Roy Clark and Buck Owens. No matter what else you might think about Clark and Owens, their pickin' skills were way above average.

I'd like to see Scott B and AP do a short version of Pickin' and Grinnin'. Scott B and AP are both natural comedians and excellent pickers. And hey, what do we have a banjo playing in the band for anyway if you can't cover Hee Haw?

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 08-13-08 at .]

posted Hide Post
You can always get a room at the Emmmppttyyy Arms hotel - Roy Clark, prop. State rate is now up to $6.50.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is unfortunate that Time Warner is not carrying the RFD-TV network. I see that they have spared no expense locating the kind of TV entertainment that rural folks want and need...like

The Big Joe
Polka Show

Joseph Siedlik
AKA �Big Joe�

Joseph Siedlik is better known as �Big Joe,� or � Polka Joe,� in Omaha, JNebraska, and sur- rounding areas. Big Joe�s interest in polka music of all kinds really stems from his Polish roots and from growing up in the ethnic neighbor- hoods of South Omaha.

While �Big Joe� has always had an interest in Polka music, his professional interest began in Columbus, Nebraska, on radio station KTTT in 1965 with his inaugural 90 minute polka show: The Big Joe Polka Show hit the air and was an immediate hit. Within five weeks, he was airing five hours each Sunday, with a full load of sponsors. So popular was his program, radio stations in neighboring markets fought to get the Big Joe Polka Show on their air � radio stations in Ord, Nebraska, and Omaha-Council Bluffs, Iowa were soon added to the line-up.

Big Joe has always played an equal mix of Polish, Czech and German Polkas � a little something for everyone. When his show aired in Omaha, the demand for diversity increased. Offut Air Force Base, home to 45,000 polka lovers from all over the United States, pro- duced requests for the music of many New York and New Jersey area polka bands with stars like Frank Wojnaroski, and the Connecti- cut twins, Stash and Jash, Big band. Polish Cleveland wanted Lou Trebar, Johnny Pecon and the Frankie Yankovic style of polka music, Minnesota wanted a more conservative sound with Erwin Suess. South Dakota wanted Johnny Matusek and the Tabor Czech Brass Band, and on, and on it went.

With a wider variety of polka music, the Big Joe Polka Show grew in popular- ity, and length, going from five hours to nine hours each week. The Big Joe Polka Show was always number one in its time period in the Omaha Market as well as in Columbus and Ord, Ne- braska.

After 25 years, and only 12 Sundays off in that time, Big Joe retired from live radio and the rigors of 18 hours of weekly shows.

With the advent of RFD-TV, Big Joe moved to television and a new audience in rural America. A perennial viewer favorite, the Big Joe Polka Show can be seen 12 times each week on RFD-TV.

Over the years, �Big Joe� has become the largest owner of polka music master tapes in the United States with over 550 masters in his collection. Joe and his wife Marty own and operate Polka Cassettes of Nebraska. They feature over 700 cassettes, 300 cds and 100 videos in their warehouse. In addition, Marty and Joe have contact with over 200 polka bands across the United States and Canada wanting to be on the Big Joe Polka Show.

SEE A PICTURE OF POLKA JOE AT

http://www.rfdtv.com/shows/bigjoe.asp

posted Hide Post
Greg,
You're Big Joe post is longer than the brief that was filed in the last capital case we worked. And, to show you how smart I am, I read your lengthy dissertation.

Exit
Only

posted Hide Post
Diddy: Lower oil prices so I can fly on private
jet.

Sean Combs asks for free oil from "Saudi Arabia brothers and sisters"

"I'm actually flying commercial," Combs says

Combs made request in YouTube video

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Fuel prices have grounded an unexpected frequent-flyer: Diddy.

Sean "Diddy" Combs complained about the "... too high" price of gas and pleaded for free oil from his "Saudi Arabia brothers and sisters" in a YouTube video posted Wednesday.

The hip-hop mogul said he is now flying on commercial airlines instead of in private jets, which Combs said had previously cost him $200,000 and up for a roundtrip between New York and Los Angeles.

"I'm actually flying commercial," Diddy said before walking onto an airplane, sitting in a first-class seat and flashing his boarding pass to the camera. "That's how high gas prices are. I'm at the gate right now. This is really happening, proof gas prices are too high. Tell whoever the next president is we need to bring gas prices down."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/01/people.sean.combs.ap/index.html

posted Hide Post
Who pays $200,000 for a private flight from New York to LA??? That's crazy!

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it include hookers?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mo Money Mo Problems.

[This message was edited by David Newell on 09-02-08 at .]

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Growing up, the only thing I knew about Buck Owens was that he had a cool red, white, and blue guitar and was the segue man for Hee Haw.* Then along came Dwight Yoakum to introduce me to the Bakersfield sound, and I learned what a pioneering musician he really was, with 20 #1 hits and just as many other Top 10s.

Mr. Owens, if you're listening up there, I just wanted to let you know that I get you now.

* - Apparently, I was not alone. "Owens was co-host from 1969 until he left the cast in 1986, convinced that the show's exposure had obscured his immense musical legacy." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Owens)

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post