TDCAA Community
eFiling providers?

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/8501058812

March 30, 2011, 07:58
JohnR
eFiling providers?
Ok, so the courts of appeals are supposed to go to eFiling this year using the Texas.gov scheme of requiring the use of a third-party efiling company. Does anyone have any experience with the companies listed? certified eFiling providers
March 31, 2011, 07:41
pkdyer
I am concerned because our IT department is so far behind the curve in its programs. I am sure we don't have updated Adobe and we still use Microsoft 2003 as our word program. I am not technologically proficient in these things, but it seems that we will have to update these systems. Anyone know what systems we will have to updte.
May 03, 2011, 20:28
JohnR
The more I think about this, the more depressed I become. I thought efiling would help me save my office lots of money. Now, I'm afraid we will need to manual file for as long as they let us.
May 04, 2011, 22:59
Martin Peterson
John, thankfully the 5th Court gave everyone two working days (4/28 and 4/29) to line everything up for the new mandatory e-filing with them.

Patricia, it appears to me that all you will need is a newer version of either Word or Wordperfect, as either program will permit conversion of a document directly to searchable pdf with just a few keystrokes. Hopefully the 11th Court will give you plenty of time to prepare for the new procedures.
May 05, 2011, 12:55
JohnR
There are some free pdf conversion options. I have used zamzar dot com for other file conversions.

The actual "efiling" is not required by the 5th COA (yet). Paper filing in that court already requires a "courtesy" ebrief to the court.