TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    The last banjo thread
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The last banjo thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Is there any truth to the rumor that our own A.P. will be accompanying the reunited Led Zeppelin in their first performance in over 25 years in London on November 26th, 2007? It is well known that bassist John Paul Jones is a fanatical bluegrass fan and has played more mandolin than bass in the recent past.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Armless Man Will Not be Charged With Head-Butting Death of Ga. Man

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

SNELLVILLE, Ga. �

A man died of a heart attack after being head-butted by an armless man during a fight over a woman, and no felony charges will be filed, authorities said Wednesday.

Investigators said they made the determination after learning that Charles Keith Teer, 49, had heart problems long before the confrontation with William Russell Redfern, an artist who has won recognition for drawings he does with his feet.

"The autopsy revealed he had serious heart disease and blockages and they'd been there for quite awhile," Snellville Police Chief Roy Whitehead said.

He added, however, that misdemeanor charges such as criminal trespass or simple battery against the 44-year-old Redfern were still a possibility.

Teer and Redfern scuffled Monday in the driveway of a suburban Atlanta home.

Redfern, who was born with no right arm and a stump below his left shoulder, kicked Teer, and Teer hit Redfern during the fight, authorities said. Teer complained of feeling dizzy after the fight, collapsed, and died.

The fight stemmed from bad blood over a woman who once dated Teer and now dates Redfern, authorities said.

A woman who answered the phone Tuesday at Redfern's home in suburban Tucker said he had no comment. She declined to identify herself.

Known by the nickname "Rusty," Redfern made a name for himself in the late 1980s for pen and ink drawings he does using his foot.

According to the Web site for VSA Arts � an affiliate of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts that promotes and showcases artists with disabilities � Redfern's drawings take one to six months to complete.

He was one of six Georgians who represented the state at the 1989 International Arts Festival in Washington, and was commissioned by Georgia's then-Secretary of State Max Cleland for a series of illustrations depicting the state capitol.

According to the site, he started Redfern Originals Inc. in 1987, producing Christmas cards, stationery and limited-edition prints.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry I missed the big event last week. Mr. Brumley, did the moshers bring Virginia ham, or honey baked?

Posts: 36 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX 78401 | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not even spiral sliced. I feel like I've failed.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I know that the subject line is a little redundant, but bear with me...

A man decides he is weary of learning to play the banjo. Five strings, plunky metallic sound, etc. SO he takes his car, parks it in a high crime area, and leaves the banjo on the front seat with all four windows down.

When he returns the next day, there are four more banjos piled in the car, along with his banjo.

Exit only...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If this guy can play harmonica in Carnegie Hall, surely A.P. can have his day in the limelight as a banjo picker. Smile

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've already topped him - I've played for the TDCAA Annual Conference, with the world's best pickers and singers/grinners!

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the other Lesser Includeds are in whole hearted agreement about A.P. being "The Man".

That's why we named the band after him. Occupationally, personally and musically...A.P. is The Man!

He's one of those people that few of us moving through life are lucky enough to meet.

Or as the late Jerry Reed would say, He's the Man!

posted Hide Post
Thanks, bro.
Undeserved but appreciated.

It's obvious why God had you born when you were: so Gene Krupa & Buddy Rich wouldn't become severely depressed and frustrated, unable to live up to the skill level of real drummers like yourself. A triple ratamacue to you, sir.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post