TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Transfer of Motion to Adjudicate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transfer of Motion to Adjudicate Login/Join 
posted
Defendant is on deferred adjudication in another county. His probation was transferred to my county and (of course) a couple of weeks later, he commits a serious crime. Defendant is now in county jail awaiting trial. In jail, defendant has been in fights, made a shank, etc.

42.12 Sec. 10(b)- Seems to permit a district court to transfer a probation to "a court of the same rank in this state...where a violation of the conditions of community supervision occur."

Has anyone ever transferred a community supervision from another county to their county in order to revoke a probation? If so, how? Do I need to file a transfer request in the district court that placed him on deferred?

It would seem appropriate that the revocation proceed in my county because all of the evidence and witnesses are here.

Posts: 146 | Location: Vernon, Texas | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post