TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Makes no sense
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Makes no sense Login/Join 
posted
This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Not only was this a DWI, but it was also (1) a hit & run AND (2) a resisting arrest.

Regional agency head suspended after DUI arrest in Martin County

By George Andreassi
Wednesday, February 20, 2008

PALM CITY, FL - The leader of a Treasure Coast-wide agency established to provide classes for people convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs was suspended from her job Wednesday in the wake of her DUI arrest Monday.

The Comprehensive Offender Rehabilitation and Education program will continue to operate normally despite the arrest and suspension of its executive director, Margot "Peggy" Cioffi, 59, of Palm City, program officials said.

...Cioffi, whose blood alcohol level was measured in a breath test at 0.336, could not immediately be reached for comment. The legal driving limit in Florida is 0.08 percent.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/feb/20/on-the-web-comprehensive-offender-rehabilitation/

Posts: 234 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RTC:
This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Not only was this a DWI, but it was also (1) a hit & run AND (2) a resisting arrest.

Isn't that exactly what she was charged with?

"Cioffi was charged with DUI with property damage, leaving the scene of an accident with property damage, resisting arrest without violence and disorderly intoxication, a deputy's report says. She was released from the Martin County Jail on Tuesday on $2,000 bond."

Posts: 106 | Location: Galveston, Tx. | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is not what I was referring to when I said that this makes no sense. What makes no sense is how this person got herself into this situation. She teaches these DWI classes and she should have known better than anybody else out there about NOT driving while drunk.

If there is anybody in this whole world who I would have thought would be least likely to commit this kind of offense, it would have been a person with the kind of job that this lady has.

That is what I meant when I said that "this makes no sense." I just cannot understand how she got herself into this kind of situation, knowing all that she knows about the dangers of DWI, ect., ect. I just do not see how this kind of thing could happen. It makes no sense.

Posts: 234 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post