TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Re: Stephen Taylor, capital counsel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Stephen Taylor, capital counsel Login/Join 
posted
We have a capital case going to trial in which Stephen Taylor represents the defendant. Anyone out there who has tried cases with him? Any insights would be appreciated. Feel free to e-mail me at abauereiss@angelinacounty.net

Posts: 15 | Location: lufkin, texas usa | Registered: April 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had several cases with Mr. Taylor and one trial (not capital - a DWI). I will be happy to give you insight - jeremyw@brazoria-county.com

Posts: 71 | Location: Angleton, Texas, USA | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried a capital case against him several years ago. Feel free to email me, lisa.tanner@oag.state.tx.us

I will say this on a public forum. Steve tries a good, clean case, knows the DP law very well, and I consider him a friend, which you can't often say after a 12 week long death penalty trial (that included the defendant trying to murder the prosecution team....)

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee Hon (sorry for the name dropping, Lee) has worked a capital case against Steve. I have known him myself for 8 or 9 years, working cases that he's been on the other side of. He's always been straight up with us, and when he does get weird, I don't mind telling him so. He's had me on cross in at least one capital case.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post