TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Non-violent criminal Bernie Madoff gets sentenced today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-violent criminal Bernie Madoff gets sentenced today. Login/Join 
posted
Sure, he defrauded a ton of people, many of whom lost their retirement and life savings, and he caused a number of charitable organizations to go under, and sure a number of people, left destitute after a life of hard work, committed suicide--but the important thing for the federal judge fixing to set Madoff's sentence to remember is this: he is a non-violent offender.

If he keeps that in mind, and if he has absorbed the wisdom of George Soros and his many pals in the Texas legislature, he will give Bernie a very mild sentence. We can't afford to lock up all the ponzi artists in the world. After all, it's not like he actually hurt anyone.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, 150 years, and he didn't even hurt anyone. Obviously, that is one federal judge who hasn't been reading his Texas Monthly, or listening to the smart people in the Texas legislature.

Think what it will cost the taxpayers to lock up Bernie Madoff for 150 years! And that money could be spent on education, which is so desperately short of public support. No telling how many future ponzi con men could be diverted to a law abiding life if only the money that will be spent to incarcerate Bernie was spent on public education.

I guess George Soros has his work cut out for him.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C'mon Terry and at least admit it is a well-deserved and a good sentence.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know. I'm disappointed. It's not like he is going to serve the entire sentence. Seems unfair for him to use his old age to get out of the last 130 or so years of the sentence.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, when he does try to parole by coffin, we can insist that his corpse serve the balance of his sentence. At least until wifey and kidos fess up to their roles and start serving their own terms.

And, NO, this is not blackmail. It is post conviction mediation.

Posts: 44 | Location: Amarillo, Tx, USA | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just can't see how he was convicted without a DNA test and everyone at the lab proving up the results. It just doesn't seem American to me.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree Gretchen. It's more than a little suspecious that out of the billions of dollars he allegedly bilked out of 1000s of people, they found no DNA. If that isn't a reasonable doubt, then what is?