TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    It Could Happen, Right?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It Could Happen, Right? Login/Join 
posted
Texas Woman's Body Found in Storage Room
HARLINGEN, Texas � A man who said he has damaged nerves in his nose never smelled his wife's decomposing body in a storage room of their home and thought she had left him, police said.

The couple's daughter was looking for a cat July 15 when she found Alicia Pilouw's body in a storage room filled with household items, Eugene Pilouw said. His wife had been gone for three days.

"I never smelled anything and I still don't smell anything," said Pilouw, who blames diabetes for his damaged nose. "I thought she had run away from home again � especially after I noticed an envelope with $250 was missing."

Harlingen police expect to get toxicology test results Monday that will help them determine 50-year-old woman's cause of death, police spokesman David Osborne said. He said that initial autopsy results were inconclusive.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did they find the $250?

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (an arm of the National Institutes of Health), diabetes can be linked to losses in the sense of taste and/or smell.

Losses in those senses may also be attributable to aging, according to the NIH.

For more info, see the article "Taste and Smell Loss: Risk for Disease?" by Sophia P. Glezos (summarizing a presentation by Dr. Susan S. Schiffman).

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if he or his defense counsel can smell what a terrible idea it is to be talking to the media immediately after your wife's decomposing body has been found inside your own home.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The whole case stinks.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GG:
The whole case stinks.

Not as bad as that pun.

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I make no apologies for snarky jokes, my friend.

It is very hard to follow up an true intellectual like Brumley without failing miserably.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Brumley is an intellectual, what is he doing in Amarillo?

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been asked by the Chamber of Commerce, as well as the Amarillo chapter of the Banjo Enthusiasts' Entertainment Repertory, that you immediately cease and desist associating a fine community such as Amarillo with the likes of me.

In answer to your question, your supposition is correct. I'm no intellectual. I'm no noodler, either. That's why I moved to Amarillo.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Intellectual is as intellectual does.

posted Hide Post
And Brumley certainly nose intellectuals.

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post