TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Buzzed Driving
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buzzed Driving Login/Join 
posted
"Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving". Has anyone seen these billboards in their jurisdictions? They have popped-up recently in San Antonio. I like the campaign but I wonder if it confuses the general public. What do ya'll think?

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been out of the state for nearly two weeks and returned this week to the news's stations talking about driving buzzed. I had seen a billboard with the message somewhere between the metroplex and the panhandle (Wichita Falls?) but I couldn't figure it out. At first, I also wondered what the media were talking about. The campaign now makes sense but you may be right about the confusion--at least initially.

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figured people, not as bright as prosecutors, might look at that and go "huh?" Guess you can't solve the DWI problem with just one magic bullet campaign.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seen these on TV.

One shows a young woman knocking two front teeth out with a beer bottle. Then a different young woman puts down a beer bottle before leaving a party. The voice over says something like; you know when you're drunk, but buzzed driving is drunk driving.

I seem to recall another one but can't remember the script on it.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the ad makes you stop and think then it is probably working.

Posts: 13 | Location: Seguin, Texas | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's too bad you have to watch regular TV to put the whole thing together. I, and some others I know, abhor regular TV and rarely watch any (Shannon, do I recall you posting something similar along these lines?). But I grant we would probably be an exception and most of the public gets heavy doses of commercial airtime.

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post