TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Jury Panels From Hell
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jury Panels From Hell Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Greg, you're one tough hombre, holding fast to your resolution. I've already renigged on mine, the one about never being sarcastic or making light of anyone's posts ever again, ever. And, you've helped me gain a wealth of respect for percussionists, even though they can only count to 4.

If it helps, though, I will release you from your resolution, being that so far I'm the only one who's admitted to being a banjo-player. I think that gives me some kind of waiver-power over banjo-oriented resolutions. So, you're free man. Go for it. Let 'er rip.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny, this seems to be a good thread to throw these in after Lisa Tanner's Revenge of the Banjo Player comment had me do a google for banjo jokes. I was astonished to find that there are many sites devoted to banjo jokes, and I stopped looking after 6 pages of results, but the ultimate resource is:

http://www.bluegrassbanjo.org/banjojokes.html

where the Canonical List of Banjo Jokes resides, the best of which is (drum roll please):

Q: What do you say to a banjo player in a three piece suit?
A: Will the defendant please rise.

Other favorites include:

Q: Why are banjo jokes so simple?
A: So that bass players can understand them.

Q: What is the difference between a banjo and a chain saw?
A1: A chain saw has dynamic range.
A2: You can turn a chain saw off.

Q: What is the difference between a banjo and a South American Macaw?
A: One is loud, obnoxious and noisy and the other is a bird.

Q: What is the difference between an onion and a banjo?
A: No one cries when you cut up a banjo.

and finally...

Q: What is the range of a banjo?
A: About 10 meters.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A police officer sees a banjo player chasing a youth down the street. Police officer asks the banjo player why he is chasing the youth and the banjo player says "the kid untuned one of my tuning pegs."

The police officer says "Well, that should be easy to fix."

To which the banjo player replies: "Yeah, but he won't tell me which one."

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang, Greg, I feel like I need a bath. If I previously mentioned, I don't think I did, but if I did, that I played banjo, may I plead that I didn't know what the consequences to my confession would be, so I must retract that statement and move to quash it and any other evidence, such as that picture I sent you of me holding a bass guitar? I was only holding it for some other guy.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post