TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Criminal E-File Service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Criminal E-File Service Login/Join 
posted
Now that we are moving to mandatory criminal e-filing next year in our district, we are starting to have a lot of difficulty on how we are being served. We have attorneys who are filing motions and serving through e-mail the wrong attorney, the very busy DA, random legal assistants, and even the receptionist or investigators. In larger offices, this can become quite a problem to keep track of everything.

I have searched but cannot find anything in the rules about there being some form of standard service for the DAs office. Does anyone know of anything I am missing? There needs to a be a rule that the DA can designate a central filing e-mail.

If not, are any other offices having this problem? If so, how are you dealing with this?

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a good answer for this question? We are having the same problem.

Also, do your offices use the e-file service and another form? We are finding that we cannot show that we e-filed attorneys, so we are having to use alternate service anyway, wondering if e-mail is what most are using or old school fax?

Thanks!

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.txcourts.gov/media...91/order-13-9165.pdf page 4 says that service if done at time of efiling. All you have to do is show you efiled it as proof.

As far as where, your agency should set a filing address. Like to DA@email.com. I would ask the Judge to make a standing order that all efile service to the DA/CA is to that address. That way the Defense attorneys can't argue they didn't know where or to who, etc.

If you are using efile.txcourts.gov. You can go into accepted, view envelope and print the receipt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: K Massey,

Posts: 38 | Location: Crockett,Texas | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post