TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    New Look and Feel
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Look and Feel Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I salute whoever made the changes, if it makes other people happy. However, curmudgeon that I am, I firmly stick to my guns, and I continue to affirm that all change is BAD.

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, so now that we've had it for a few days, here's some thoughts.

1. The color scheme seems washed out.

2. There is an awful lot of empty space on the sides, and you have to scroll up and down a lot. That is a problem shared by many sites. TDCAA.com is different because it is centered rather than flush left, I guess.

3. You should add RSS support for the forums and news links.

4. There should be a nice little picture of each TDCAA staff member and board member on the contact and about pages.

5. The forums need to be upgraded so you can paste pictures into a post, when needed, rather than having to rely on other methods of serving content.

6. Since y'all were worried about old content, look into a Wiki server, so that folks like JB who don't sleep have a positive outlet for their creative energies and can update the content in the wee hours.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree about the scrolling. I like being able to glance down to see the "Issues in Prosecution" headlines to see if anything's changed that I want to read. The way it is now, I have to scroll down to see them, and I usually don't bother.

I also miss the quote of the day. Smile

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you should remove the false advertising photo and put up a photo of the new TDCAA building, which I'm sure many people have not seen.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it have a swimming pool?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope not, JB, because I just don't want to see you in your Speedo . . .

posted Hide Post
He only wears the speedo b/c no one from Williamson county can be naked!

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The random attacks seem to be increasing. The letter to the State Bar Journal by Mr. Stevens was tame compared to this place.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnR:
I hope not, JB, because I just don't want to see you in your Speedo . . .

I'll second that. Do we have a third?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the photo of the swimming pool, et al is out of place. Might work if this was the California District & Co. Atty.s Association, but not in Texas.

How about a photo of the Goliad County Courthouse, instead? Or maybe, change the photo every week, and feature a different courthouse each time?

Or just have a big Texas State Flag, with the state motto below: "Home of the free, land of the brave."

Just a few ideas. Smile

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post