TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    "It's Christmastime, Theo. It's the time for miracles."**
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"It's Christmastime, Theo. It's the time for miracles."** Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
Governor Perry granted to pardons for innocence and several other general pardons today.

I would call these "Christmas pardons," (a traditional act of mercy by executives of old), but in today's PC world, maybe we should call them "Winter Holiday pardons" ... Big Grin

Governor's press release

[**The first person to correctly guess the source of this movie quote (movie name and actor/character's name) wins a TDCAA logo gift of my choice - Ed.]

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves. And who could forget the fantastic job Kevin Costner did with that now you hear it now you don't accent.

[This message was edited by Dan Bradley on 12-22-05 at .]

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. Die Hard. It is Alan Rickman, though. Hans Gruber (spelling?)

But he was awesome in Robin Hood. They had to cut out a bunch of his stuff because he overshadowed Kevin Costner.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
David is correct; it's Rickman in Die Hard, one of my favorite Christmas movies. Smile

Yippee Ki-ae!

[David, alert me before your next Austin trip or TDCAA seminar and I'll be sure to bring your gift with me, once I decide what it is to be ....]

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, well here's a line from my favorite Christmas movie--guess what the movie is!

"That's mighty brave talk for a one-eyed fat man."

Posts: 293 | Registered: April 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Between Robert Duval (as Lucky Ned Pepper) and John Wayne (as Rooster Cogburn:

Rooster: "I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned, or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience! Which will it be?"

Lucky Ned Pepper laughed. "I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!"

Rooster said, "Fill your hands you son of a bitch!" [And then he shot them all up.]

To hear it for yourself, click here.

[This message was edited by John Bradley on 12-23-05 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Further proof that everything, and I do mean everything, is on the internet, go to this link.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John gets a star for the day! I've always figured there was some real closing argument potential from that scene in True Grit, I'm just waiting for the right opportunity to arise.

Posts: 293 | Registered: April 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What? No kudos for Lawyer Daggett: the one character who was the glue that kept the film together?

Posts: 171 | Location: Belton, Texas, USA | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about the Prosecutor? He get's one line: "I object, your honor." Followed by, "Overruled."

That's it.

posted Hide Post
Alan Rickman is a very versatile actor--from Die Hard to the Harry Potter movies (as the infamous "Professor Severus Snape).

Janette Ansolabehere

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post