TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Meaning of "private dressing room" in Improper Photograpy Statute
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meaning of "private dressing room" in Improper Photograpy Statute Login/Join 
posted
Just trying to get indictment language right on a case where step-dad attempts to record step-daughter getting dressed in her bedroom. The statute contemplates crimes involving "bathrooms" and "provate dressing rooms" versus all other areas. I see no definition for "private dressing room." Is the daughter's bedroom a "private dressing room"?

Posts: 17 | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Score another point for our (formerly) highly-regarded, model-of-simplicity Penal Code.

Posts: 114 | Location: Bryan, Texas, USA | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not think so. I think "dressing room" refers to places like athletic facitlties at a school, gym or fitness club.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But you can always try a "plain language" argument, in that a dressing room is a room where you commonly get dressed.....and a person's bedroom would certainly fill that requirement.

Posts: 19 | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post