TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Taser News
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taser News Login/Join 
posted
Dash cam video has been released to FOX 7 showing exactly what happened between a Constable's deputy and a 72-year-old woman, before she was tasered last month.

Details.

[This message was edited by JB on 06-09-09 at .]

[This message was edited by JB on 06-09-09 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suddenly it all makes sense. The good deputy constable was just trying to get a DNA sample. For an explanation, click here.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"As Sheriff of Travis County, I want to make two things perfectly clear. First, the deputy constable does not work for my agency. The Constables Office is a separate office with the Constable elected to office by an individual precinct. Second, I do not personally agree with the actions of the deputy constable as they are shown in the video. When I look at the video I am in awe of what happened."

For details, click here.

posted Hide Post
So I guess each of the elected Constables are now going to have to issue press releases saying that guy doesn't work for me.

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently, a national cable news show showed the video then commented that people should be calling the sheriff to express their concerns. The sheriff responded in self defense. This morning the news show read the sheriff's comment and laughed about Texas still having constables.

Ah, the 24/7 news cycle and its continuing curse of filling the time with unscripted, unresearched, unreliable commentary....

Don't taze me bro. Big Grin

Posts: 39 | Location: Travis | Registered: May 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sheriff Hamilton was a deputy constable in Travis County Precinct #3 before being elected Sheriff. That is the same precinct that the Taser toting deputy constable works for. Wow, what a coincidence.

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Travis County district�s attorney�s office will review an incident in which a deputy constable used a Taser on a 72-year-old woman during a May traffic stop.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Great memory John. I forgot the sheriff did a stint there when he left the state to run for office. That may be where they got the Use of Force manual Gary Griffin (former constable Williamson County) was waiving around on TV.

Posts: 39 | Location: Travis | Registered: May 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 72-year-old Texas woman Tasered during a traffic stop when she dared an officer to use the device says if stopped again she would say nothing.

Details.