TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Anyone ever heard of this attorney?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone ever heard of this attorney? Login/Join 
posted
I have a sexual assault of a child/indecency with a child case against a curmudgeon of an attorney named Ray Epps who has an office in Tomball TX. He allegedly practices primarily family law but apparently also does criminal defense. I was interested if any prosecutors in the Houston metropolitan area have had any experience with this attorney? I sent this guy a basic offer letter and he fired back this rude reply, then now seems baffled that I was aggravated by his reply letter. He says he's practiced law for 40+ years but seems to lack the ability to keep a civil tongue in his head in dealing with me. Confused

Posts: 50 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've dealt with Ray off and on for over 15 years, and I have always had pleasant and cordial dealings with him. As I recall, he was once quite a prosecutor himself in Harris County in the 60's and/or 70's. I've dealt with him on numerous criminal cases and even some protective orders. Even in the heat of adversarial endeavors, he was fair, honest and quite competent. He is a very good trial lawyer who knows how to try a lawsuit.

Ray does have a very deep, gruff sounding voice, and I can see how someone could mistake him for being gruff based on the natural tone of his voice. He is sortof known for his unique voice.

Sorry if this isn't what you were looking for.

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 02-22-05 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andria,

I dealt with Ray in Harris County, and possibly in Waller County. Email me.

Stephanie
steph7@cox-internet.com

Posts: 77 | Location: Nacogdoches County, Texas | Registered: April 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curmudgeon? Maybe Bridge City's Mr. Pate is kin to him.

Posts: 17 | Location: Orange, TX | Registered: March 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post