TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Loan Forgiveness
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loan Forgiveness Login/Join 
posted
What are some of you CPS prosecutors doing about the student loan forgiveness program? The way the application reads, it doesn't sound like a CPS prosecutor qualifies. I sent an email and got a very unhelpful response - basically restating the application language. It doesn't seem to make sense that it wouldn't apply to us if we work at a district attorney's office for the same pay as the criminal/juvenile prosecutors.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Posts: 17 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess it would depend on what your duties are. We don't have CPS prosecutors in our office, so I don't know what that entails, other than terminations of parental rights. If you do even a little criminal work, I would say you qualify because prosecutor is defined by the program as continuously licensed attorney who prosecutes criminal or juvenile cases. So, if you do injury to child cases related to CPS investigations, then I say you should apply. You might even add a copy of your job description with the application.

Posts: 176 | Location: Hempstead, TX, USA | Registered: June 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post