TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Greetings, convict
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greetings, convict Login/Join 
posted
KANSAS WOMAN STARTS NEW LINE OF GREETING CARDS FOR PRISONERS
Brenda Guiden was having trouble finding greeting cards for her two brothers in prison, so she decided to create her own.

"I didn't find anything appropriate, as far as what I wanted to say," Guiden said. "They said a little bit, but they really didn't touch home the way I wanted them to."

The thought of creating greeting cards for inmates initially started as a joke, she said. But by December the idea had developed into a new business.

Prison Expressions now offers greeting cards in both English and Spanish for inmates, their friends and families. Most of Guiden's sales come from word of mouth or from fliers she passes out.

Some of the cards are humorous, with messages such as, "Happy to hear from you! But WHERE's the money?" Others are more serious: "You know the choice you made when you were out. You know that it did not only hurt you, but it hurt us too. However, we still love you. Love always, Family."

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or one of my favorites:

Happy birthday, honey!
Don't worry about me, your brother has moved in while you're doing your time.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the link:
Prison Expressions

How about some proposals for new cards? I'm sure we have some budding Hallmark writers out there...

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the con to the family:
I would have written sooner...but I needed the ink for my new tattoo!

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excuses, excuses. If you REALLY loved me, you'd write it in blood like a real man! Like your brother.

[This message was edited by E. Foley on 03-10-06 at .]

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why, do you always bring my brother up? Isn't it bad enough mom loved him more?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I know you're my daughter, but I love you like a wife. Love, Your Daddy."

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Happy birthday, to my son/grandson. Love, your Daddy/Grandpa. Say hello to your half sister/aunt!"

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I WOULDN'T HAVE TRIED TO KILL YOU, MY DARLING WIFE, IF I DIDN'T LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

XOXO,

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANKS FOR BEING OUR FAVORITE SON AND GETTING A LIFE SENTENCE INSTEAD OF THE DEATH PENALTY!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ON THE DENIAL OF YOUR PAROLE.

posted Hide Post
Then there is the bumper sticker I saw recently:

MY SON IS A MODEL PRISONER AT ANGOLA

(For those who don't know, that's the La. State Prison, and the setting for Dead Man Walking.)

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Sorry to hear about your gang rape."

"Congratulations on earning your Aryan Brotherhood patch. You've made us the proudest parents in the trailer park."

"Congratulations on the successful creation of your first shank. Keep up the good work!"

"Thanks for the pencil drawing you sent me of a heart dripping blood. I'll cherish it always."

posted Hide Post
Jane, it's not fair to simply repeat the statements you receive in letters from inmates. You are supposed to be making up stuff in this forum.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.P. Merillat:
Or one of my favorites:

Happy birthday, honey!
Don't worry about me, your brother has moved in while you're doing your time.

But I haven't given up on Jane yet. Seems there could be a second career for her after retirement at the Hallmark Corrections Division...

posted Hide Post
Greeting from your family
Who love you (where you are)
We would love to come and visit
But we can't (you stole our car)
We would love to send some money
But we can't (you took that too)
So nice to get the news
Of your parole and it's review
The crimes that you committed
Have taken quite a toll
So we trust you'll understand
That we're opposing your parole

Love Mom

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard, that was wonderful. I am sure someone could add a line or too about the baby too. On second thoughts, many country songs could be selected for appropriate lines.

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I could just be so creative...

All I could come up with is:

Dear Son,

Please tell me where you hid the gun. Your dad needs it back for his hunting trip. And don't worry - the jailers reading your mail aren't smart enough to figure out this is evidence.

Love, Mom

p.s. my apologies to all the jailers out there...this was from the perspective of the mother who raised a criminal!

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Father's Day!
(I think, Momma's pretty sure though)

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your letters are Red
Your threats made us Blue
We're glad you can't get out
Till 2022.

(please note attached restraining order)

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post