TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    How do you get fat on death row?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you get fat on death row? Login/Join 
posted
The U.S. Supreme Court has rejected an appeal from an Ohio prisoner who argued he is too obese to be executed. Richard Cooey is scheduled to be put to death Tuesday.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You get fat on death row like you get drunk or stoned on death row, but without the buzz.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does no one limit the food for an inmate on death row?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seriously, the guy was 260 and arguing he was too fat?

Come on now, that's not all that big in Texas.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inmate executed after Supreme Court rejects obese argument

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An Ohio death row inmate was executed Tuesday after the Supreme Court rejected his last-minute plea that he was too overweight to be executed.

Richard Cooey was executed as scheduled at 10 a.m. ET, the Ohio Department of Corrections told CNN.

Cooey had exhausted his legal appeals and Gov. Ted Strickland earlier denied the 41-year-old prisoner's clemency petition. Cooey murdered two college students in 1986.

[... snip ...]

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/14/toofat.execution/index.html

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I doubt anyone ever got fat on VitaPro.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I hear that would run right through you.

posted Hide Post
We had a guy in our county jail for almost a year and a half on a Capital Murder charge. He actually lost 130 lbs. That's what happens when you don't eat off the commissary wagon.

He just went to trial last month and was convicted and sentenced to death. I guess he'll gain it all back now. Frown

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought men didn't get fat, just "fluffy"

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a guy (capital murder suspect) in our jail for a couple of months who lost a bunch of weight and escaped through a vent...recaptured in a hotel swimming pool.

Posts: 130 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw a prisoner once in Federal District Court ask the judge for double portions because he'd lost so much weight his pants didn't fit anymore. The Judge, now on the 5th Circuit, denied the motion and told him to write a book entitled "The Prison Diet" and that it'd probably make him a millionaire. The courtroom erupted, but I think it went over the poor fellow's head.

Posts: 22 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post