Tools

Bad Idea Jeans Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
Firm's target clientele: sex offenders
By David Migoya
Denver Post Staff Writer
08/09/2007

It wasn't long after Gregory Carter finished his time in a Colorado prison for felony sex assault, weapons violations and bribery that he went to work on a business venture.

The 46-year-old registered sex offender and Lakewood resident launched the Registered Citizens Network to provide services to other sex offenders, using public lists to find them.

With a trademark name pending, the venture garnered interest in its first two weeks, logging nearly 2,000 hits on its website.

Additionally, the firm says in its introductory letter that it hopes to hook offenders up with other RCN members for living quarters, jobs, dates and, perhaps, even vacation packages.

And it gets better, if you want to read on ...
The full article

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here I thought this was going to be about a scientific breakthrough on the root causes of criminality.

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually thought it was going to be something about those high-waisted, pleated things with big pockets on the back. Wink

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I couldn't resist a reference to one of SNL's best commercial parodies ever:

YouTube link

My proposed new version:

(Actor: ) "Sure, I know some of the people on those lists have committed unspeakable crimes, but what are the odds of that kind of lightning striking twice in the same place? I mean, I really need a babysitter tonight, and he sure seems to like kids ..."

(Voice-over: ) "Bad Idea jeans."

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my favorite part is "i figure, when's the next time i'm gonna' get to haiti."

followed closely by

"let's get these guys."

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post