TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Your tax dollars at work
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your tax dollars at work Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
Good news, all! The U.S. House of Representatives passed a resolution establishing "Criminal Justice Month." Read on for the details ...

----------------------------
House Passes Resolution Establishing Criminal Justice Month

Rep. Ted Poe (R-TX) was the sponsor of a resolution establishing March 2008 as `National Criminal Justice Month'. The resolution, which does not carry the weight of law but expresses the view of the majority of members of the House, passed the House on April 1. It was intended to raise awareness and promote education about the criminal justice system. While the resolution did not pass in time to make plans for awareness activities in March, Poe expects to pass a similar resolution next year and in future years.

H. Res. 945 resolves that "the House of Representatives urges policymakers, criminal justice officials, educators, victim service providers, nonprofits, community leaders, and others to promote awareness of how to prevent and respond to crime through National Criminal Justice Month."
----------------------------

Yes, people, you read that correctly. Congress passed a bill making March 2008 "National Criminal Justice Month" one day AFTER the month was concluded.

I couldn't make up this stuff if I tried.
Big Grin

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel better already!

Posts: 234 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know I really enjoyed the month and am looking for my Criminal Justice Rebate Check for the money they didn't spend on my attending functions.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems to me the resolution must have been rushed through. Voted on way ahead of schedule.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what else is new. Congress is a day late and a dollar short....my dollar. Roll Eyes

Posts: 171 | Location: Belton, Texas, USA | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post