TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Publications
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Publications Login/Join 
posted
I've been thinking about purchasing some publications and have a couple questions. I've heard great things about the Warrantless Search & Seizure book, but am also interested in the Traffic Stops book. However, I was thinking about just getting the Trial Notebook, but would all of this be redundant? What would you all recommend? Also, it says the Trial Notebook edition is 2006-2008, does that mean there will be an updated version coming out soon?

Posts: 22 | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All are excellent publications. Warrantless has much of the information in Traffic Stops and a great deal more. Traffic stops is a smaller, and more concise treatment of situations normally encountered in the traffic context. It is great for both attorneys and law enforcement. Warrantless is far more expansive in its treatment, including airports, homes, casual encounters, etc. It is an outstanding read and resource.

The trial notebook is also an excellent reference for quick answers during trial. I do not know if it is going to be updated in the coming year, but, as with all materials, you could always wait for the next year model, but would be deprived of the info now. Kind of like waiting for a new car or the next generation of computers. Just take the plunge.

I've read all three of those publications cover to cover and recommend them highly. Diane Beckham, the publications manager and frequent author at TDCAA, does a bang up job.

(Diane, do I get a free candy bar or TDCAA cap for this?)

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post