TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Question regarding notice for SCHOOL ZONE Enhancement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question regarding notice for SCHOOL ZONE Enhancement Login/Join 
posted
Defendant is charged with poss. of marihuana. Indictment does NOT allege it was near a school/park.
Trial has just begun, and I would like to enhance the offense w/ the school enhancement. Can I do it in the middle of trial, if so what is the best way?

Thanks,
Scott Greenbaum
crimlaws@lawyer.com

Posts: 4 | Location: Del Rio, Texas, USA | Registered: February 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is too late to do it.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is too late to do it. I think you can ask the defense attorney if he will agree to amending the information but he would be a fool to agree to that.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always check your information before going to trial. That would have been a nice Class A allegation to charge a jury with. Juries love defendants who bring weed on or near schools.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post