TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Bail Bond Art. 17.151
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bail Bond Art. 17.151 Login/Join 
posted
I know there is an exception to holding a person accused of a felony for more than 90 days while we are waiting on drug analysis from a lab, but I cannot find it. Any QUICK help is appreciated.

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you are right, but it has been my impression that unless an indictment has been returned the State cannot announce or be ready for trial of the criminal action for which the person is detained and the mandatory release provision applies. I guess you could argue that since no indictment has been returned he is not in jail "pending trial".

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the Abilene lab is taking as long as the Midland lab that we use. We've run into this problem and I don't know of an exception. Let me know if you find an exception.

Posts: 89 | Location: Snyder, Texas | Registered: November 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post