TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Shannon Edmonds, Rising Media Star
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shannon Edmonds, Rising Media Star Login/Join 
posted
Thanks are due to Shannon Edmonds for appearing on National Public Radio's Morning Edition this morning. He presented a well reasoned view of the current state of Mental Retardation and the Death Penalty in Texas. For a link to his comments, go to:

http://discover.npr.org/rundowns/segment.jhtml?wfId=1300805

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Dan, does the rest of your family know that you are an NPR-listening closet liberal? Wink

I thought the reporter did a pretty even-handed job on a complicated issue -- which is all too rare these days.

Posts: 2423 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, we know.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I listen to NPR, too, and who out there would say that someone who works for my county is a liberal? What else is there to listen to in the morning? Offensive, misogynist, drunk talk radio? A/M stations? Besides, you have to know your enemy.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Jane. I might listen to other channels more often if they would play more than two songs during my hour long commute each day.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Methinks they doth protest too much.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I listen to NPR too, but I swear it's only for Frank DeFord's sports commentary.

Posts: 160 | Location: Foat Wuth | Registered: June 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now wait a second, having lived in the Austin area myself in a former life, I happen to know for a fact that there's a sensible alternative to what we affectionately referred to in law school as "Nicaraguan Public Radio" (keeping in mind, of course, that that was during the period when the Sandinistas were still running that country). But seriously, can't y'all Williamson County folks pick up the "Sam and Bob" show on KVET? When Shannon gets a segment on their show, then I'll be impressed!!!

Posts: 293 | Registered: April 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, I have frequently heard our own Diane Beckham wax eloquent on the Jeff Ward talk show (KLBJ 590). Witty repartee and bon mots are aplenty.

posted Hide Post
Glad to see some others are willing to admit they too listen to NPR. Sorry, but it's not a sin. And John has appeared on public television before.

Next, someone will even admit they don't read Playboy for the articles.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Playboy has articles?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, guys ... can't we all just get along. Liberals are people too, you know.

Posts: 283 | Location: Montague, Texas, USA | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Isn't it funny to see people scatter like roaches when the word "liberal" is thrown around? I guess Rush & Co. have finally succeeded in making it a dirty word.

Folks, I was just having a little fun with Dan, no harm intended. In fact, several of my friends, personal and professional, called after hearing my mellifluous (ha!) voice over the airwaves. As a disclaimer, I must admit that the local NPR station is one of the pre-set stations in my car, too.

There, does that make it OK now? Razz

Posts: 2423 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if Shannon does it, it must be OK. Dan is right, though. I have stumbled and appeared on the Jim Lehrer News Hour. And I must say it didn't hurt one bit.

But that's how it starts. Just a little here and there. And, before you know it, you can't turn it off. So, let's be careful out there.