TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Revoking Out-of-State Defendant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Revoking Out-of-State Defendant Login/Join 
posted
I've got a D incarcerated in S.Dakota on a new offense with a pending Motion to Revoke here. He doesn't want to come back b/c S.Dakota is his home and he never plans to come to Texas again. Has been convicted in S.Dakota but won't be sentenced for another month or so, but according to their DA will be going to the pen. D wants to just "take his time" on his Texas case and serve it up there. We haven't done this as long as anyone here can remember, and I'm hoping to plagerize someone else's work instead of creating our own forms. Any help out there????

Posts: 35 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: March 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of case is it? Misdemeanor or felony? Deferred or regular probation?
How important is it for you to revoke this guy that you have to bring him back to TEXAS (Home of the #1 Texas Longhorns)? Confused

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be happy to share my paperwork w/you. Email or fax?

Posts: 23 | Location: Hunt County, TX | Registered: October 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just emailed you the paperwork that I have used a couple of times. If anyone else has a similar issue, I'm happy to share-- conditioned on your agreement to let me know if you find any problems so I can fix them.

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last time this topic was discussed there were differing opinions about how to accomplish the task. Revocation in Absentia

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Tree & Wes for the forms. They've been sent off to the Defendant and we'll see how it goes from here. I appreciate all the help!

Posts: 35 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: March 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post