TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Intoxicated Victim
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intoxicated Victim Login/Join 
posted
Trial next week. I have my victim under subpoena, although she won't return any of my calls. Still lives with the guy. My fear is that she will show up at trial and either testify that she doesn't remember anything or the jury will blame her b/c of the intoxication. And I think - based on my convos w/defense counsel - that he is going to say that she was so drunk she fell and caused the injuries herself.

Has anyone dealt with a similar case? Any advice on examination of her or voir dire on the intoxication issue?

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you know she won't be telling the truth if she testifies as you hypothesize?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CallGreg,

Posts: 3 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The main question that comes to mind with regard to your case is the evidence you have of the assault. If you've got statements made by the victim and/or defendant that night which contradict the testimony you fear you will get from the victim, that's impeachment evidence you can use if she does get on the stand and change her story.

Posts: 81 | Registered: December 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you have more evidence than just an alleged victim's changing testimony who was admittedly intoxicated when she made her original report if you want to prove your case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Posts: 3 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Concern troll is concerned.

And also boring.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Indeed. Those anonymous comments are being stopped.

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post