TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Pontificating on the role of the prosecutor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pontificating on the role of the prosecutor Login/Join 
posted
I left the courtroom for a classroom, but have not lost my urge to pontificate. I am writing an article for Municipal Courts on "The Role of the Prosecutor". What I hope to gain by this post is your input, quotes, persoanl philosophies, etc. I would like to incorporate famous quotations, prosecutor (your) quotes, and some info on what you think. I do not approach this task with no thoughts of my own. I spent 8 and 1/2 years in the trenches as an attorney for the Great State of Texas, but I turn to this group of articulate and opinionated souls. What is the prosecutor's role? Briefly please. Please include your "official" name and title so I can properly quote you. Give me as much source info on quotations as you can to aid my research. And thanks to you all for helping me earn my check.
Clay Abbott

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about, "it is the primary duty of the prosecutor not to convict, but to see that justice is done."

I also like, "it is the mission of the prosecutor to close with, and destroy the enemy." Unfortunately, the Infantry has first dibs on that mission statement.

Terry Breen
Asst. DA
24th Judicial Dist.
(Refugio, Goliad, & DeWitt Cos.)

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of us who are blessed with refereeing various types of family and quasi-family squabbles(baby-sitting), I like to think that, "if you make everybody at least a little bit unhappy, you've done a good job." I guess that goes to the prosecutor's role of staying objective and neutral.

Neel McDonald
AC\DA
Freestone County

Posts: 160 | Location: Foat Wuth | Registered: June 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post