TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Who's your mentor?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's your mentor? Login/Join 
posted
Greetings all,

I'd lurve for a bunch of you writer types to contribute an essay to the next issue of The Texas Prosecutor journal. The topic is, "Who is your mentor?"

Tell us how you know this person, what s/he has taught you, and what makes him/her so blasted inspiring.

Email your essay to me at wolf ( a t ) tdcaa ( d o t ) com, and please keep it under 500 words. The deadline is February 4.

Woo hoo!

Posts: 41 | Location: Austin, TX USA | Registered: January 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does Bruce Springsteen count?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or Earl Scruggs?

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a mentor but he/she never answers my emails

Posts: 130 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That information is classified. Mainly because my mentor grimaces at the thought of how I do what I do. Even when the task at hand is disappointing those who I hold in high esteem, I firmly believe if you're going to do a job, do it right.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fred, that's because of the restraining order....

Posts: 74 | Location: Hempstead, TX USA | Registered: February 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just posting a reply so this topic pops to the top ...

I need a few more essays from folks who'd like to tell us about their mentors. The ones I've gotten so far are awesome. I laughed! I cried! It was better than "Cats!"

So if you're inspired at all to pen a little ditty about someone who has influenced your life and career, please keep it under 500 words and ship it off to me at wolf ( a t ) tdcaa ( d o t ) com by February 4th.

Carry on!

Posts: 41 | Location: Austin, TX USA | Registered: January 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post