TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    If I can't have her...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If I can't have her... Login/Join 
posted
A Portland man who attacked his ex-girlfriend and impaled her pet fish this summer has been sentenced to two years probation, a psychological evaluation and community service. Donald Earl Fite III, 27, pleaded guilty Tuesday to animal abuse and domestic violence assault.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must confess, I have stuck knives and forks, yes forks, into fish. In fact, I have slowly and methodically broiled red snapper, a very beautiful and docile fish, in an oven until its skin has fallen from its roasted body. I have even gone to great efforts to coax a fish to bite and impale its tender lip onto a treble hook attached to a fake, but realistic piece of plastic shaped and painted in such a way to confuse and entice innocent fish.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen the face of evil.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A.P., by your own admission you are a "future danger"! Are you ashamed and mortified too?

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha! I cannot be a future danger, because I'm too old! I have aged-out, as they say or as he says. Actually, according to his testimony 2 weeks ago, when I turned 27, I became too old to be dangerous. Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread....

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Using his methodology, I think people who feed them fish flakes would pose a significantly greater threat of committing future acts of fish violence than those that fry and eat them.

Posts: 51 | Location: Throckmorton County, Texas | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It could be worse. At least he didn't torture the fish first by forcing it to listen to banjo picking (can a fish cover its ears?).

Betas are those brightly colored fish they keep in little jars (only because they come from a family of fish that can breathe air from the surface). Now THAT's cruelty to animals. All this guy did was put it out of its misery. I see a PETA award coming.

A fish tattoo? Gosh, where can I meet such a charming female?

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.P. Merillat:
I must confess, I have stuck knives and forks, yes forks, into fish. In fact, I have slowly and methodically broiled red snapper, a very beautiful and docile fish, in an oven until its skin has fallen from its roasted body. I have even gone to great efforts to coax a fish to bite and impale its tender lip onto a treble hook attached to a fake, but realistic piece of plastic shaped and painted in such a way to confuse and entice innocent fish.

You were witness to the horror that was ordering a redfish cooked in a paper bag in a certain nameless fancy restaurant in Corpus several years ago.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I was, my friend and master of the percussionary arts. And, it did not escape me that your fish came to the table much as does some of your mail and my banjo picks - plain brown wrapper. And, thanks for ignoring my request for you to join me on facebook.

posted Hide Post
Fish are people too!

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
killing the fish is a felony whereas assaulting the woman is a misdemeanor.

Posts: 73 | Location: Richmond, TX | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't ignore it, I'm not much of a facebooker or a twitterer.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the statute of limitations has run to charge the '90s band Faith No More for their knowing, willful and wanton infliction of suffering upon the goldfish left flopping on the floor at the end of their video for "Epic."

And, with the thought of banjo picks in brown paper sacks in mind, did the offender use a net or other device to remove the fish from the bowl? If not, that would make him ... oh, dear ... dare I say it? A ... gasp! ... noodler.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scott, you are absolutely on point. He is a noodler.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Brumley:
I wonder if the statute of limitations has run to charge the '90s band Faith No More for their knowing, willful and wanton infliction of suffering upon the goldfish left flopping on the floor at the end of their video for "Epic."

Nah, that's protected free speech. Or at least the Supreme Court is considering whether animal cruelty can be free speech.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David, thank you for returning this thread to an educational tone.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Animal cruelty has nothing to do with artistic expression, vis a vis leaving a goldfish to flop on a floor in the interest of music, in which case anything goes. But I am one of the lost and dying breed who believe that chord progressions and chord-to-key compliment are basic requirements for a listenable song.

And, I'm proud to continue, along with David, the educational tone of this thread. Although Scott and Greg make it more readable.

Exit only.

posted Hide Post
They do indeed. As do you, AP.

posted Hide Post
Thanks David, but I can only carry their gig bags. I would point out however, that although chord-to-key compliment is important and crucial in my book, not the Teacher's Pets and Other Wildlife book, available at Amazon.com, but the music book -- the master of music himself, Mr. Roy Orbison, was known for throwing in unusual chords, sometimes derived from the 4th or 2nds to the keys. He took Mystery Girl from that other fellow and made it absolutely cool.