TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Prove this!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prove this! Login/Join 
posted
Our probation department just submitted for my signature a motion to revoke. Here is how they alleged a new assault that was committed by the defendant:

" . . . did then and there intentionally and knowingly cause bodily injury to Marci Hattensly by grabbing her by her neck and throwing her across the room. He then went over to her and picked her up and threw her into the sofa table. The table was glass and it was broken, causing her to receive cuts on her back. She grabbed the phone to call 911, but he yanked the phone out of her hand, so she ran next door to 310 Wilshire, screaming for help. She went back into her house and Kyle dragged her to the kitchen and punched her in the face with a closed fist."

Wow! I just had to share that. At least it paints a vivid picture.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone's probation department needs a talking to about pleading the MINIMUM needed to give notice! Good thing you caught that before going to a hearing. That would have been fun.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know darn well, that you should not let the probation department type the motions to revoke. But, that is not the issue here. Although a vivid pic is painted, what follows will be her testimony: I don't really know what happened. I fell asleep on the sofa and had a vivid dream about him. I jumped up and caused the remote to fall on the glass table, breaking it. While searching for my hair clip among the rubble, I was cut. I showed my neighbor what happened, and he/she called 911 because I was bleeding and he/she was worried. My neighbor is lying because my dog tears up her/his trash and he/she is trying to get even. I really love my boyfriend/husband. Yes, we have problems, but he doesn't beat me. This is all a misunderstanding
I don't want him prosecuted.
Sounding familiar in the trenches?

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post