TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Blood Draw
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blood Draw Login/Join 
posted
Got a blood draw trial coming up and need info quick. Do I need to have the paragraph:

It is further presented ... did then and there unlawfully while intoxicated, namely having a quanitation of alprazolam and an unknown drug in his blood operate a motor vehicle in a public place.

My information does not include the blood paragraph, is it required when there is no presence of alcohol?

Posts: 16 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the TDCAA Charging Manual by the very capable Jeffrey Van Horn:

then and there operate a motor vehicle in a public place while the said defendant was intoxicated by not having the normal use of mental or physical faculties by reason of the introduction of a controlled substance, a drug or a dangerous drug into the body.

No need to make reference to blood.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the defendant should already be on notice that he has blood in his body. It's the alcohol or drugs that he didn't know about.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses.

I'll be going on Monday and it's my first blood draw case, wish me luck.

Posts: 16 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post