TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    There's wrong, then there's really ultra-gross wrong
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There's wrong, then there's really ultra-gross wrong Login/Join 
posted
Court: Cops illegally taped nursing home sex
Judges says husband of woman in coma had expectation of privacy

MADISON, Wis. - Police who videotaped a man having sex with his comatose wife in her nursing home room violated his constitutional rights, an appeals court ruled Thursday.

MSNBC article

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The crazy thing about that article - well, there a few crazy things about it - is that a judge apparently signed off on a search warrant for it!

I bet (the real) criminals avoid that town like the plague!

Imagine what they would do if they suspected you of speeding in a school zone? lol

Posts: 16 | Location: Montgomery County, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excuse me, but the search warrant should have been sufficient to overcome the Fourth Amendment claim. Yes, there is an expectation of privacy, but the point of a search warrant is to provide a reasonable basis for collecting evidence of a crime despite the right to privacy.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I couldn't really understand that, either. But I didn't read it very carefully either.

Posts: 16 | Location: Montgomery County, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with JB on this: a finding of a right to privacy wouldn't overturn a search warrant. But that was not the issue. The opinion, which can be found here, states that the circuit court had already determined that the warrant had been "improperly executed," and that the State was not contesting that issue. Apparently, the warrant (or at least the manner in which it was served) was bad, so the State was stuck with arguing that they didn't need a warrant in the first place because the defendant had no expectation of privacy.

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if their warrants must be executed in three days like ours?

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoa. And I thought The Notebook was bad.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmm... I often thought my wife was comatose during sex. Maybe I should check for cameras. Roll Eyes

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too much information, JohnW.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
. . . though it's not The Notebook.

Drunk man has sex with car
Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Imagine parking up your new SUV on a nice quiet street, to pop to the shops only to come back and see a man hitting on your car.

And when we say 'hitting,' we don't mean the kind with a baseball bat.

The article.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...Ew, and there's even a picture! I guess this video wasn't an invasion of his rights.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think he's about to set off the airbags. LOL.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert S. DuBoise:

+1

I wonder if that will void the warranty?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert S. DuBoise:

You probably give him too much credit.