TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DA's office hats and t-shirts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA's office hats and t-shirts? Login/Join 
posted
How many of your offices have hats or t-shirts displaying an office seal? We had them at my former county: t-shirts, ball caps, polos, and embroidered soft briefcases. Does your office have any special rules about stuff like that?

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnR:
Does your office have any special rules about stuff like that?

Don't wear it in a booking photo.

Wink

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ROFL

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From time-to-time we've had shirts made. Some of the investigators take it upon themselves to get polos with the county seal and office name. We have no rules regarding such things. In light of the events of this year I don't sense a clamoring by the staff to publicly identify their employer.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have the sirts available for purchase and it is the garment of choice for casual Friday.

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about DA tattoos? Let's get modern and trendy........Ever see that vampire movie set in the future - "Priest"? They all had crosses tattooed on their forehead. Maybe we can get the Great Seal of Texas on our left arm. And a hash tag for every 5 years of service.

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MDK27, that is a brilliant idea! Don't you know the public would be very impressed if they see a prosecutor at the beach with such tattoos.

If an office is big enough, maybe they could contract with an ex-con tattoo artist to come in and do such tats on all staffers, for a flat low rate.

All kidding aside, I think there are only 2 occupations that have any business getting a tattoo: sailors and Marines, and only male ones at that.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, Terry, I am getting long in tooth. I have to agree on who should get tattoos - sailors, marines, add airmen and Army grunts. Having worn the green, I have my one obligatory (yet tasteful) tattoo. All of the illustrated people today just kind of bother me. The good Lord gave me a perfect set of clothes (which, I hate to admit, are becoming old and faded), so why do I need to adorn them?

I know, for all the illustrated youth out there - I am a dinosaur.

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whenever I think about tattoos, I can't help but recall the excellent portrayal by Rod Steiger in The Illustrated Man and the problem with his "skin illustrations".

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still proudly wear threadbare hats and a t-shirt from my last office. If we let evil people change who we are by their threats then they have won. Thanks for the input.

Luckily for me, my youthful desires for permanent reminders of transitory thoughts never quite correlated with the availability of funds and/or an open establishment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JohnR,

posted Hide Post
I forgot about "The Illustrated Man"... kinda spooky. And I run around in my DA hats and Ts whenever. Some claim they are just a target - I say "have a nice day", but use a two word perjorative comment rather than the 4 word blessing.............As they said in "galaxy Quest" - "NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER SURRENDER!"

posted Hide Post
Terry Breen,
I totally agree about the tattoo thing. Only military and only males at that!!! Unprofessional and just plain nasty on a woman, and I am a woman saying that. I have thought at various conferences when I see a visible tattoo of all the things jurors might say in the privacy of the jury room.

Posts: 50 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post