TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    HELP - Need caselaw backup or direction to search
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP - Need caselaw backup or direction to search Login/Join 
posted
I have a case where the Defendant was on Probation. He was arrested on an MTR. He asks to speak to a deputy. Deputy asks him if he has an attorney. D says, it depends, if it is for the MTR, then yes. If not, then I can talk to you. Defendant talks. Now, we add those to the MTR. Is this a problem?

1. We need a case that says, at the time it was not part of the MTR so he wasn't represented and

2. even if he was represented by an attorney, he can't say I want to tell you something but you can't use it because I have an attorney.

Posts: 109 | Location: Kingsville, Texas, USA | Registered: July 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No better starting place than this article by John Stride.

http://www.tdcaa.com/node/6859

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This case that John Stride found for me is as close to on point as I can get....Romo v. S., 132 sw3d 2 (Tex. App.--Amarillo 2003 no pet).

Posts: 109 | Location: Kingsville, Texas, USA | Registered: July 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post