TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    prosecutor's trial notebook
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

prosecutor's trial notebook Login/Join 
posted
Can any unbiased people recommend the trial notebook? It sounds useful--but pricey.

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can honestly say I have read every word of it. The binder may seem pricey, but where else are you going to find great info put together so concisely when you need it in the middle of trial. It covers all the basics and then some.

Am I biased? Probably yes since I think it is a great foundation (and I worked on the latest edition). You can take out the sheets you need for your trial and stick them in your own notebook for trial. It's a great publication.

[This message was edited by Dan Bradley on 05-31-07 at .]

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if you don't want the entire book, you really should consider just getting Quicklaw, the sheet that summarizes all the punishment law onto one page. Amazing.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto. It is in court when I am in trial. The pages give you a quick answer when you get hit with something you hadn't anticipated. (Usually something you thought no one would question, never underestimate another lawyer, defense or prosecution).

And the Quicklaw is terrific for checking on enhancements and drug offense degrees. Have to admit I don't use the offense classifications as much. But maybe that's cause I see them so often or use the penal code.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe Quick Law is part of the Trial Notebook.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will need Quicklaw more than ever after the conclusion of Bizarro Session No. 80. They shortened probation, added mandatory minimum sentences, changed deferred adjudication and regular probation eligibility, modified enhancements, and on and on and on. Might not fit on one page anymore. Or, maybe Quicklaw will come with a free magnifying glass.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did our legislature happen to adopt the discretionary mandatory federal sentencing guidelines yet? I wouldn't be shocked.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post