TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Gang Questions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gang Questions? Login/Join 
posted
Working on a case that involves the Mexican Mafia. I want to photograph the D's tats anybody have a motion. Also I would like to find an expert witness on this gang in the San Antonio area. Any other sugestions on presenting gang membership as motive would be great thanks.

Posts: 83 | Location: Seguin, TX USA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For an expert witness, check with a TDCJ unit in your area. They usually have a "gang expert." Also, I would think that SAPD or the BExar County SO would have gang experts.

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also get his TDCJ Inmate Disciplinary records. To the extent that he's involved in prision gang activity--maybe some or all of those incidents will be mentioned.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just filed a motion to photograph gang tattoos in a capital case I'm working on. I'll send it to you if you want to send me your email (my email is laura.popps@oag.state.tx.us). I've also been working with 2 gang experts out of San Antonio, both of whom know a lot about Mexican Mafia. Good luck!

Investigator Johnny Santana
Texas Board of Criminal Justice
Office of the Inspector General
420 South Main
San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 299-5205
e-mail: johnny.santana@tdcj.state.tx.us
or
FBI Safe Streets Gang Task Force
P.O. Box 1630/615 East Houston
San Antonio, TX 78296/78205
(210) 978-5467

Det. John "Rocky" Dyer, South Texas HIDTA
(210) 207-2384
e-mail: jdyer@sanantonio.gov

Posts: 23 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We share your pain. Call or email me and I can give you a contact to help with Id if they have been to TDCJ. Johnny Santana is an awsome witness. He can explain how they work and their organization. The latest info we have is that all of the gangs are smuggling illegals, even working together which is unusual. Corpus has some really nice prosecutors in a gang unit that helped me with some recent indictments.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do I need to I give expert witness notice to D counsel?

Posts: 83 | Location: Seguin, TX USA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Technically, only if defense counsel requests it pursuant to CCP 39.14 and the court orders it under that provision. I usually provide notice regardless just to be safe. But if your question is more whether they qualify as true experts under the rule, I think they do.

Posts: 23 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post