TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Calling A.P.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling A.P. Login/Join 
posted
Who else can I think of but my dear friend A.P. when the subject of a banjo arises?

As often is the case, the best part of the article is often in the comments section.

Perhaps A.P. can tell me why I found this comment amusing:

reedpappy Rank 1394
@SillyGooseLovesU

If one of them plays the banjo -- and plays it well -- then make him join a group and play for free for ten years. Hang the other one -- whether he plays guitar or not. If neither plays either instrument, hang 'em both, and hand 'em high.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a little nervous: I might get brought in for a lineup, since I happen to be between 5'11 and 5'6.

2) The way that guy was carrying that priceless piece of instrumentation up to the cashier should be grounds for enhanced sentencing.

3) "...plays it well" One thing about the banjo, nobody ever knows if you're playing it well or not. And, playing "for free" -- Isn't that the only way banjo players ever played, or has someone been scamming me for the last 40 years or so....exit only

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife referred to my guitar the other day as "that six-string banjo you subject the family to." So I've started trying to learn the mandolin. Imagine the outpouring of love I'll get for that.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post