TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Sex Offenders in TDCJ
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sex Offenders in TDCJ Login/Join 
posted
Are sex offenders place in general population?

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have wondered about that. There are so many of them nowdays that I don't see how you could segregate them.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thanks to the wonderful world of the internet, I am working on my computer during an interminable legislative hearing (let's hear it for multitasking!). I just happen to be sitting next to Ed Owens, deputy high muckety-muck with TDCJ, and he says that sex offenders are housed in general population.

How 'bout that for TDCAA service, folks!

Big Grin

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Edwards:
Are sex offenders place in general population?

Notwithstanding Shannon's speedy response, my answer is: In the counties I have worked in, there are TOO MANY sex offenders in the general population!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, you are no doubt busy trying to find housing for them elsewhere.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post