TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Adequate basis to require a re-test?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adequate basis to require a re-test? Login/Join 
posted
Driver passes test, crashes car into DPS building

05:23 PM CST on Monday, December 3, 2007

Associated Press

HOUSTON - Oops.

A student driver in Houston passed his test Monday and then crashed the car into the Texas Department of Public Safety building.

DPS spokesman Tom Vinger said no one was hurt and the accident is under investigation.

Vinger said the man was parking the car when the vehicle went over the curb and hit a wall of the brick building, causing a slight hole.

Vinger said the driving examiner was not in the car.

The name of the driver wasn't immediately released.

[Perhaps DPS should be allowed to require a re-test when something like this happens on the day someone passes their driving test?]

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to admit that I accidentally ran a red light as I was driving away from getting my license. But no one knew about it but my mother! This does seem a bit... extreme. I heard the story on the news this morning and couldn't believe he still got his license! I suppose this was after the instructor got out and the test was officially "over" so they couldn't change his score?

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on, now. How many of us have studied hard to pass a test and then forgotten all the material as soon as the test was over? We've all done it. I'll bet none of us prosecutors can remember the first thing about oil & gas law now, even though we knew it for the bar exam. Same thing.

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, with the Barnett Shale and my family members lately, I'm remembering more about oil & gas law than I ever did! You can't make any money farming anymore, but it sure is nice if the family farm is sitting on the shale. Wink

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post