TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    The Crime of Late Library Books
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Crime of Late Library Books Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 36 | Location: San Marcos, Texas | Registered: December 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are those of us who have been around long enough to remember the infamous Texas "shopping cart theft" statute. My memory of that law may be fuzzy, but I believe there was a presumption if you had a shopping cart parked on your front lawn, that you stole it. Thankfully, the statute was gone after only one legislative session. I also believe it was Rob Kepple, who, at the update, advised not raiding the old folks' home next to the Randall's........

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually...years (as in 20 or so), we filed on library books. Our little local library was losing nearly a quarter of its budget in "walk offs" and was in danger of closing. We didn't do it for long and took some nasty publicity on it - but the word got out, the problem got solved, the books came home again.

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post