TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Document & Practice Management Software/Technology
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Document & Practice Management Software/Technology Login/Join 
posted
I am curious to know how you all use technology to manage your case/project documents and generally manage your practices? I know that Dallas County recently signed a contract with Legal Files Software and we have looked at products from Thompson Reuters and Lexis-Nexis. Has anyone else made the migration to electronic office management? Our office is looking at our options and wanted to get input on what other offices are using and any good or bad experiences that you would be willing to share.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should contact Texas Conference of Urban Counties located in Austin. They have multiple portals for Courts, Civil, Prosecutor, Indigent, Bond, Juvenile, etc etc that make paper a thing of the past. Fully integrated electronic platforms.
www.cuc.org

Posts: 9 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local Government Solutions (LGS) has done a very good job for us.

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information Lisa. How did you all go about selecting LGS and how long have you been using their product?

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't have an IT department, but contract for the work. I asked them to look at what was available, and make a recommendation based on their ability to work in partnership with the software people. They came up with a couple of names, including LGS.

Had them come do presentations, preferred LGS. Have been with them for 3 years? 4?

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post