TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Art. 59 Disposition of Forfeited Property
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Art. 59 Disposition of Forfeited Property Login/Join 
posted
We have money that was seized and forfeited by a default judgment and disposition of the money is governed by Art. 59, (c-1)(2). I am looking for an address to mail 30% of the money to the general revenue fund. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 4 | Location: Pampa, Texas, USA | Registered: January 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check with the State Comptroller. I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you where to send the money. Smile

Posts: 90 | Location: Lockhart TX | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the DPS seizures/forfeitures disbursed under 59.06(c-3)(2), after paying court costs deducting the 30% due the office of the attorney representing the state, the entire balance and a certified copy of the judgment should be forwarded to:

Texas Department of Public Safety
C.I.D. - Polygraph/Asset Forfeiture
6100 Guadalupe Building E
Austin, Texas 78752-0430

They handled the split between DPS and General Revenue. The last one I handled was nearly a year ago, so you might check with DPS to make sure things have not changed.

Posts: 261 | Location: Lampasas, Texas, USA | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post