TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Animal Cruelty Health & Safety Code 821.023 and Restitution
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Animal Cruelty Health & Safety Code 821.023 and Restitution Login/Join 
posted
I received a Judgment on Animal Cruelty case and got restitution for the state for care of the animals. The case law calls this type of case a civil forfeiture. Can I get a Writ of Execution and how to do it?

Posts: 28 | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm slow, but if presuming that the animals were seized and restitution ordered - what are you wanting to "take"? The one of these that I did ages ago, the defendant signed the horses over because - once we were done on the criminal side - he had nothing left with which to feed or vet them. If you are trying to take the animals, I think you are going to have to file the forfeiture, get the judgment, and go from there - - if it's worth the time and money involved.

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've taken the position that we collect them as civil judgments. Email me if you want to discuss futher.

Posts: 24 | Location: Liberty, Texas | Registered: January 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post