TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Part Time County Attorneys!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Part Time County Attorneys! Login/Join 
<Markus Kypreos>
posted
Are there any part time county attorneys out there who concurrently maintain a private practice?

There is a question about local government code 291.006 and whether or not as a county attorney you are required to report your private receipts and disbursements from your private practice to the county.

Any thoughts?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Markus Kypreos>
posted
AG Opinion M-916, published August 2, 1971, states, "House Bill 1089...requiring certain county officials to report and pay to the county certain monies received by then from the operation of a private business on public property, is unconstitutional, being in violation of Sections 3 and 19 of Article I of the Constitution of Texas and the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Consitution."

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Attorney General called 291.006 unconstitutional a few years ago so I don't know that I would use that section of the Local Government Code as much of a club. See M-916 (1971). Gee once I looked up I realized how old I am getting. Roll Eyes

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post