TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Tax Abatements for Wind Turbines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tax Abatements for Wind Turbines Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone dealt with reinvestment zones for wind turbine projects? My commissioners have been approached by a developer seeking tax abatements for a wind farm. I'd like to know what kind of terms other counties have agreed to when dealing with these projects. Mostly, I just want to avoid getting hosed. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 21 | Location: Canyon, Texas, USA | Registered: June 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Pecos County might have done something like this a few years ago. You might try there.

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oops - Chicago already took that, didn't they!

We have several wind farms, as do Scurry and Taylor counties. E-mail me and I'll send you what I have...

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you be more specific? The agreements themselves? The numbers of abatement? I had my son do a Excel spreadsheet showing the interplay between abatement and depreciation and how the two intersect. Would that be helpful?

John Hutchison,
CA
Hansford County, 806 659 3703

Posts: 59 | Location: Spearman, TX, Hansford | Registered: March 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some if you need them. We get annual payments in exchange for the abatement, Amount depends on the size of the project.
typically it works out to an effective abatement of about 75% or so, and provides a know income stream for the county during the term of the abatement.
Mike Hartman
scurryca@snydertex.com

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post