TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Service on Military Personnel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Service on Military Personnel Login/Join 
posted
I have an open CPS case and have two dads in the Navy who I'm not having any luck getting served. I can't verify that they are in the military, but the judge denied motions for citation by publication. The next step seems to be filing an affidavit and having an attorney appointed to represent them. Does anyone have any other suggestions, or can someone tell me if my reading of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act is right or wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
M. Rittenberry

Posts: 3 | Location: Midland, Texas USA | Registered: November 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
Mike

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Ironically, I was performing Af Reserve duty at a Navy base.

Try this link

web page

If you can't find anything there, then try this one

web page

If you can't find what you are looking for there, give me a call and we'll try an end run.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You must have been at NAS Dallas, JRB, Carswell Field?

Mike

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob:
thanks for the help with the web pages, sorry to say I didn't have any luck with either though. Still no service either. I've been unable to determine the status of one of the respondents and that is holding things up right now. Do you know if bases have liassons who accept service? I've had some luck with the warrants office on one of the bases with getting one of the fathers served, not so much luck with the other base. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again, Mike

Posts: 3 | Location: Midland, Texas USA | Registered: November 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're still looking for resources, try this: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/scra/owa/home.
That's where I go to do my "due diligence" on default judgments.

Posts: 105 | Location: Marshall, Texas, Harrison | Registered: February 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the help, I think I'm finally getting where I need to be. Much appreciated.